The Malta Trust Foundation is seeking to recruit an Employment Service Coordinator on a full-time basis.
The selected person shall work on the foundation’s supported employment programme with disadvantaged young persons who are at risk of falling out of existing safety nets when it comes to training and employment. The selected person will also work on other initiatives supporting disadvantaged families in empowering their children and young people.
He/She is a team player that can work within a voluntary organisation culture. Must be flexible and able to plan and implement the project’s objectives.
- Organisational Skills and flexibility
- Fluency in both written and oral Maltese and English
- Preferably the applicant qualifications related to this job description such as social sciences, psychology and occupational therapy.
- Preferably have prior experience in a working in the social care sector.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among colleagues, volunteers, partners, and collaborators.
Main Duties related to Supported Employment Programme
- To develop and maintain a meaningful relationship with each young person.
- To carry out an assessment/profiling of the individual to determine the job seekers’ work preferences, skills and support needs that leads to the drawing up and implementation of an agreed Employment Action Plan that meets their specific needs.
- To provide appropriate pre-employment support including assistance in job search activity and preparation of job applications and CV’s.
- To provide on the job training as well as on and off the job support and follow-ups as required
- To receive referrals for other social projects of the foundation and liaise with the persons involved according to the eligibility criteria and procedures of the project.
- To work in partnership with the individual and their significant others in order to maximise their ownership and control of the process of support.
- To liaise effectively and efficiently with other professionals and stakeholders
- To keep up-to-date records according to the established procedures
- Any other duties that may be required for the effective implementation of the projects concerned.
Interested candidates are to send covering letter, CV, a copy of the warrant and police conduct on firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th February 2024 close of business.