The provision of Counselling/Psychotherapy services in schools. A Project of The Malta Trust Foundation.
Requirements: This role is being offered on a part-time basis. Candidates need to be in possession of MQRIC Level 7 or higher in Counselling, Psychotherapy or Counselling Psychology and they also need to have a permanent professional warrant. Valid candidates are expected to be fluent in both Maltese and English (both oral and written). They also need to embrace a child-centered approach in services provided and prioritize the best interest of the child. Considered candidates need to maintain positive collaborative relationships with all stakeholders within The Malta Trust Foundation.
• Help students understand and process social or behavioral problems through individual and group counselling.
• Provide individual and group counselling based on student needs.
• Offer a safe space for all clients with a non-judgmental attitude and unconditional positive regard.
• Work with students to develop skills such as organization, time management and effective study habits.
• Help students set realistic academic and career goals and develop a plan to achieve them.
• Help students set realistic personal goals in order to enhance emotional development and awareness.
• Develop strategies with educators, administrators and parents/ guardians, to help students flourish and grow.
• Identify and report issues that may require further intervention, such as neglect or abuse.
• Refer students and parents to resources outside the school for additional support.
• Keep records and essential data as required.
• Participate in meetings, supervision and CPD sessions as required.
The working time is during school hours from Monday to Friday. Interested candidates are to send covering letter, CV, a copy of the warrant and police conduct on firstname.lastname@example.org